D. D. Lester Collection @ Montgomery Museum

Title

D. D. Lester Collection @ Montgomery Museum

Subject

Photographs of Montgomery County, VA; Christiansburg, VA; and New River Valley (VA)

Description

Large collection of photographs and negatives from Lester Family donated to the Montgomery Museum in 2003.

Creator

Dr. Dudley Darius (1856-1924) m. Margianna "Maude" Anthony (1853-1937); lived and practiced dentistry in Christiansburg 1880-1907. He was an amateur photographer.

Doug D. Lester, III (1921-1987) owned a photo shop in Christiansburg from about 1948 until the 1980s.

Some of the glass plate portraits were acquired from an old building being demolished in Cambria in 1960s. The photographer is unknown

Publisher

Montgomery Museum & Lewis Miller Regional Art Center

Date

c.1904 - 1987

Rights

All Rights Reserved. Please contact the Montgomery Museum & Lewis Miller Regional Art Center for permission to reproduce this item.

Format

.jpg

Language

English

Type

still image

Coverage

Montgomery County, VA
Christiansburg, VA
New River Valley (VA)

Items in the D. D. Lester Collection @ Montgomery Museum Collection

Confederate Memorial in Christiansburg, 1905.
Photograph of Confederate Monument in Christiansburg Town Square. Probably taken during a Confederate Veteran memorial event on June 3, 1905. Identified in the photograph are N. V. Correll and G. N. Garnaund.

Social Bookmarking